Tuesday, March 2, 2010

CGGQC March project

I guess if I'm on a roll, I might as well run with it! Sore fingers aside, I started hand quilting another quilt. This was all pinned and ready for machine quilting, but I know that I will never get around to that! I'm not very enthused about fighting all that fabric in my machine.  But it is a twin size so it shouldn't take that long - ha ha! At least not as long as a queen size! Hand quilting is all I can seem to manage, I haven't been in my sewing room in forever. Now, I really don't know if I can finish this in March, but I can try. My method is to do all the outline quilting and then go back when I figure out a design to use. This quilt has a lot of sashing also. It's my own design, a combo of piecing and applique. It's Moda Kashmir IV fabric. I had entertained thoughts of making my own patterns, a dream that may never be realized, but this was one of them. I called it Daisy Whirls. I think GD1's bedroom is the right color scheme for this quilt....:)

13 comments:

  1. Oh Wow that sure is a pretty quilt. It makes me think of Spring!! I can't wait to see what it looks like all quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! I love all the Kashmir lines- just so lovely. And hold on to that dream...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'll let you do the hand quilting. I'll go to my sewing room..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hand quilting??!! WOW! You are my hero! Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt! Can't believe you are going to hand quilt it...my fingers could never take it...my wrists either! Good luck and can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt, Jonelle! I love hte design and the fabric you used, to! It's wonderful, and I can't wait to see the hand quilting. Oh - and you just never know what the future might bring -- what good things God may have up his sleeve (smile)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful piece of work! I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see it done! Go Jonelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jonelle, I join your sore finger club. I am still working on my first hand quilting piece and I have to say I enjoy the process (Not the sore fingers) but the quiet time of hand quilting. Now about your dream go for it! Sometimes we overlook the call we have been sent because of negative thoughts. If you try it out and it's not for you at least you will know. Your quilt is gorgeous! and if there are others where that one comes from, I would love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beauty, and hand quilted...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilts are just lovely! Thanks for coming by to visit! I bet you can't wait to get those grandbabies in tutus!!! So sweet!
    I will be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!, I hope things are going okay for you. (I'm new to your blog...I wandered here from another blog and in reading some of your past posts see that you've been hit by a mountain of 'something' recently. I'm sorry.) I was just in Arizona (Camp Verde/Cottonwood area) and attended the big quilt show in Phoenix the week earlier. Were you there?!
    Jane (in NC)

    ReplyDelete